US Field Reimbursement ManagerRay Bauer
Responsible for the development and implementation of Market Access field activities supporting our Acute Wounds Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop, implement, and manage field reimbursement for AVITA Medical working with the Market Access team and key internal and external stakeholders:
- Support pre-authorization and appeals support to customers
- Update/develop payer coverage policies on AVITA Medical products.
- Monitor and analyze public and private payer activities and trends, including coverage, coding, and payment policies affecting AVITA Medical’s emerging and commercially marketed products at the national and local/regional level with respect to patient access and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate coverage policy developments that impact both the short- and long-term reimbursement success of AVITA Medical products and associated procedures to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Translate policy developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice.
- Develop and execute practical strategies to secure optimal reimbursement for AVITA Medical products and the associated procedures.
- Maintain strong knowledge of health care policy activity regionally, interpret for business impact and participate in cross-functional projects internally or externally to influence and enhance position within changing environment.
- Provide reimbursement and health economic support and training to AVITA sales force and key external stakeholders (e.g., hospitals, clinicians, investigator sites, professional societies) as appropriate.
- Help build relationships in key markets with government, physician, hospital, and third-party payer decisionmakers.
- Develop relationships with customers nationally to create reimbursement successes and champions who will support AVITA Medical with payer organizations.
- Develop and implement tools and processes to clearly communicate how reimbursement and economic considerations affect business plans and strategies in business units and region.
- Execute and maintain centralized resources, i.e., coding guide(s) and other reimbursement and health economic resources, to assist business unit with standardized reimbursement communications and/or policy communications.
Minimum Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will have excellent technical skills in one or more areas related to reimbursement and health economics. The position requires the candidate to be current in the field and able to work in a wide array of settings.
- Self-starter with 5-7+ years of demonstrated success in reimbursement and/or health economics, preferably with experience working with new medical device technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred). Coursework or degree in health economics, public health, health care administration, business administration or related discipline highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. healthcare systems including expertise in health care financing, reimbursement policies related to the device industry, and technology assessment.
- Knowledgeable in outpatient and inpatient coding (APC, MS-DRG, ICD-10), physician coding (CPT, HCPCS), Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party payer issues.
- Demonstrated competence in reimbursement and health economics and capable of articulating current reimbursement landscape to AVITA Medical staff and leadership and customers.
- Proven track record working with providers and payers to provide reimbursement support and resolve reimbursement issues.
- Strong communications skills and experience developing interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write and edit business documents (e-mails, memos, and PowerPoint presentations) clearly and succinctly in a timely manner, as well as the ability to
ensure content accuracy, appropriate tone, and attention to detail to ensure work is of superior quality.
- Experience using Excel, Power Point, and Word applications.