Supply Chain Manager (Ventura Based)Kinsey Spahr
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all aspects of Avita Medical’s supply chain to assure availability of products and components to support sales while complying with regulatory requirements.
The Supply Chain Manager works with the Production Manager and Sales Operation in support of the S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process, assuring availability of finished goods, raw materials, packaging, and other supplies. This includes oversight of Warehouse and Stockroom operations, personnel, and metrics. The Supply Chain Manager interfaces with the Quality Control and Quality Assurance functions to ensure components purchased comply with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- With the Supply Chain Team, manages all aspects of supply chain including, but not limited to:
- Managing day to day operations of Avita Medical’s supply chain to ensure sufficient product inventory to support sales, training, product development, and process improvements
- Updating Master Production Schedule (Production Planning) to accommodate demand, inventory, part shortages, and Production Team availability.
- Securing reliable sources and second sources of raw materials
- Working with Quality Assurance to qualify new vendors and ensuring all purchases are from vendors on Avita’s approved supplier list
- Coordinating samples for product release testing with external testing vendors
- Oversees Purchase Requisition and Order process
- Managing domestic and international shipments
- Managing Stockroom personnel, Work Order picking and closing processes to Finished Goods
- Understands and enforces within the areas of responsibility the fundamentals and principles of MRP, GDP, and GMP.
- Reports to management periodically, both formally and informally, on supply chain status including current inventory status, stock in transit, supplier risk issues and supplier performance.
- Manages ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics D365) and provides means for real-time inventory queries for various stakeholders.
- Inventory Planning and Forecasting for Avita’s finished goods using ERP system to initiate purchase of material to ensure sufficient supply of product to meet monthly sales requirements.
- Responsible for leading the S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process.
- Primary interface and oversight of Avita’s Contract Manufacturers and suppliers. Resolves issues which arise at their facilities that impact the delivery of product and components.
- Monitors costs of goods to drive cost improvements of purchased parts.
- Interfaces with Quality Control on Receiving Inspection and participates in MRB as needed.
- Participates as the Supply Chain stakeholder in new product development, including identifying new suppliers and overseeing supplier prototype development.
- Supervisory experience
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Prioritizes transparency, accountability, and is customer-oriented
- Working knowledge of Financial Processes
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing, preferably Class III
- Experience working with domestic and international shipping and documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all departments and levels of management.
- Knowledge of 21CFR 820, ISO 13485, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Quality System Regulations (QSRs) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft D365 system supporting procurement, inventory, and shipping functions, preferred
Minimum 8 years in
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Supply Chain Management or equivalent coursework
- Supply Chain/Operations Certifications (CPIM, APICS, ASCM, CSCP)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and/or Lean Certification, preferred
Travel Expectations (OPTIONAL BASED ON ROLE)
Travel to vendors and other production facilities, local and domestic, less than 15% time.
Position Location: Ventura, occasional visits to Valencia