Sr. Marketing ManagerKinsey Spahr
Who We Are:
AVITA Medical is a Class III medical device company looking for a full-time Senior Marketing Manager to help sustain our expanding line of indications. AVITA is headquartered in Valencia, CA, and manufactures in Ventura, CA. Join our team and be part of our growth!
What We Are Looking For:
The Sr. Marketing Manager, plays a key role in developing the marketing strategy for RECELL® and future products in appropriate indications. This role will support the identification of commercial opportunities across indications, sites of care and regions while working with relevant HCPs and subject matter experts to generate evidence supporting key projects. Responsible for the voice of the customer to internal project teams upstream creating access for downstream counterparts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- This role will drive upstream marketing and new product development across the product portfolio for acute care, dermatology and future indications. Given this scope, this will include planning for various sites of care and working with disposables and capital equipment.
- Champion product development activities across multiple internal and external groups by collaborating with and influencing R&D, operations, regulatory, clinical, quality, sales, medical affairs to design, develop, and successfully launch new products.
- Partner internally to assure that value proposition/selling messages are incorporated in new product development, education, launches, and geographic expansions.
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders in the field and plan Advisory Boards to facilitate customer focus groups and gather physician feedback along with other market research initiatives quantifying and prioritizing customer needs.
- Define strategic relationships as they apply to meeting sales and marketing objectives. Identify clinical study requirements based on business objectives and evaluate study proposals.
- Own VOC activities, capture diverse customer feedback translating this to customer requirements building business cases for both new offerings and next gen products.
- Develop long-range portfolio strategy to evaluate the technology for other disease states
- Assess the competitive and clinical environment to determine appropriate development priorities for the organization.
- Take a leadership role on project teams and work closely with the project manager to drive accountability and team achievement of goals and milestones.
- Perform financial modeling / forecasting for new product opportunities.
- Responsible for establishing marketing vision, strategies and messaging which differentiates AVITA Medical products and service offered in key markets. Defines market requirements, product mapping and new product additions and changes based on market intelligence. Creates short and long-term product plans which may include business plans, ROI analysis, pricing and forecasting.
- Monitors and analyzes market trends and external forces and defines strategy for business planning and growth. Identify requirements and manage market research and customer feedback to develop strategies and tactics for the business.
- Develop and execute of the commercial business plan including: 1) the launch of new products and line extensions, 2) development of value propositions and messaging, 3) communicate key selling messages, and 4) develop and execute clinical strategy to differentiate company products.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses, feature sets, underlying technology, product workflow, usability, etc. to establish technical differentiation and feature/benefit statements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Business, science, or other related discipline or equivalent experience and education.
- Advanced qualification in business, marketing or healthcare preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of medical devices
- Understanding of hospital environments, conditions, and patient care needs
- Knowledge of related computer applications
- Minimum of 10 years marketing/product manager experience in medical devices.
- Previous sales or clinical experience a plus
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and execute business strategy
- Ability to clearly communicate business strategies and results
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and group presentation skills including interactions with sales and senior customer personnel
- Proven track record of managing complex projects to successful completion
- Strong business acumen with ability to translate market insights to business strategy and plans
- Excellent judgment and decision making with demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions
- Ability to motivate cross-functional resources to drive business results
- Strong clinical, sales, and technical requirements for the product and relevant indications
- Ability to interface with all facets of the organization, including such various disciplines as Sales, Service, Operations, Clinical, Finance, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, and other relevant programs pertaining to products
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
- Must be based in Southern California; Preferred close to the office in Valencia CA