Director Medical Affairs, Dermatology (Remote)Kinsey Spahr
Who We Are:
AVITA Medical is a Class III medical device company looking for a full-time Director Medical Affairs, Dermatology to help sustain our expanding line of indications. AVITA is headquartered in Valencia, CA, and manufactures in Ventura, CA. Come join our team and be part of our growth!
What We Are Looking For:
The Director Medical Affairs, Dermatology is a key contributor to the company’s clinical and commercial development with responsibility for establishing, developing, and maintaining relationships with prominent experts in the therapeutic areas where AVITA Medical skin regeneration products are sold.
The Director Medical Affairs, Dermatology will work with AVITA’s customers, internal stakeholders, outside vendors, and clinical staff on clinical research programs in support of pre-market and post-market initiatives. The Director Medical Affairs, Dermatology will be responsible for collaborating with KOLs on research and education initiatives as well as overseeing the MSL team in the dermatology space.
Additionally, the Director Medical Affairs, Dermatology will be responsible for building awareness of AVITA products and clinical outcomes, preparing educational materials, and delivering educational programs within the dermatological space. The Director will work cross-functionally to ensure compliant delivery of materials. The Director Medical Affairs, Dermatology will also be integral in mitigating errors and improving safety of AVITA’s products in the dermatology space.
- Oversee MSL – Derm Team
- Serve as subject matter expert for repigmentation diseases and other dermatological conditions
- Develop education tools for internal and external training programs
- Build strategy for medical communications including conference abstract submissions and presentations
- Lead publication planning and journal manuscript submissions
- Prepare data presentations based on scientific and clinical data and present information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Support preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for both company sponsored and IIS programs
- Build awareness of RECELL technology by interfacing and soliciting advisory input from external experts and health care professionals at major dermatology conferences, advisory boards, and other external meetings
- Contribute to payer access strategy and oversee medical affairs involvement in post-market study activities
- Work collaboratively with cross functional team in lifecycle management, competitive intel, risk assessment, payer access, & business development opportunities
- Understanding of current clinical and scientific trends in dermatological space, pigmentation disorders, and dermatological surgical procedures and techniques
- KOL development and engagement in dermatology
- Understanding of clinical trial design, protocol development, regulatory pathways, and medical communication strategy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- MSL strategy and oversight
- 5+ years in medical affairs role
- 3+ years as a MSL
- Medical writing
- Publication planning, conference strategy
- Interpretation and dissemination of pre-clinical and clinical data
- Project leadership
- Experience with new product launch
- KOL development
- Advanced degree in medical field, life sciences, or public health
- Experience in dermatological diseases preferred
- Up to 75% travel may be required for KOL development, conference attendance, and in-person corporate meetings
Information Security Compliance
AVITA Medical recognizes the role of information security in ensuring that users have access to the information they require to carry out their work in a secure manner. AVITA Medical is committed to protecting the security of its information and information systems. As such, each role within AVITA Medical must demonstrate the same commitment to information security.