Clinical Education Specialist, US – DermatologyKinsey Spahr
The Clinical Education Specialist is a key contributor to AVITA Medical with responsibility for driving advanced treatment knowledge though field education and training programs. The Clinical Education Specialist will play a role in clinical research programs by assisting in the identification of investigational sites, device training, and providing support for surgery and aftercare procedures. Additionally, the Clinical Education Specialist will aide in the preparation of educational materials as well as scientific and clinical communications highlighting RECELL best practices.
The Clinical Education Specialist will serve as a resource for the Commercial Team as it relates to device training, technical and clinical questions, and field coverage when required. The Clinical Education Specialist will also be an integral part of medical advisory meetings.
- Identify potential sites for clinical research studies
- Provide site qualification and initiation visits
- Provide on-site training and field support with minimal notice on an as needed basis for potential and ongoing programs
- Responsible for certification of healthcare professionals and clinical representatives
- Provide education and training on AVITA Medical products and study protocols to healthcare professionals, clinical representatives, and internal colleagues
- Serve as a clinical research, subject matter expert for internal and external customers
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of new research developments, clinical trial activities, and therapeutic approaches to healthcare professionals, including presentations at conferences and clinical sites as needed.
- Assist in the development of educational tools
- Responsible for proactive problem solving and timely follow-up of customer issues by identifying and utilizing available support resources
- Contribute to development of cases studies for abstract submission through communication with healthcare professionals, medical affairs, and/or the commercial team
- Cross communication and collaboration as required with commercial team.
- Stays abreast of RECELL use, clinical study activities and protocols, current scientific trends, opinions of company data and that of competitor products.
Special Knowledge Skills
- Basic understanding of clinical research
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, blood borne pathogens
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Advanced knowledge of vitiligo & treatment options
- Comfortable providing clinical education in both hospital, clinic, & office-based settings
- Ability and eagerness to learn treatment of various disease
- Experience in dermatological diseases, preferred
- Previous MSL experience or clinical research experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a Science based field (Other concentrations considered contingent upon relevant professional experience)
- Advanced degree, preferred
- 50%-75% travel to provide study support, education, and drive subject enrollment at sites