Clinical Education Specialist, East CoastKinsey Spahr
Who We Are:
AVITA Medical is a Class III medical device company looking for a full-time Clinical Education Specialist to help sustain our expanding line of indications. AVITA is headquartered in Valencia, CA, and manufactures in Ventura, CA. Come join our team and be part of our growth!
What We Are Looking For:
The Clinical Education Specialist is a key contributor to AVITA Medical’s clinical development program with responsibility for driving continued enrollment into active studies though education and training programs. The Clinical Education Specialist will play a role in research programs by assisting in the identification of investigational sites, device training, and providing support for surgery and aftercare procedures. Additionally, the Clinical Education Specialist will aide in the preparation of case reports and educational materials highlighting RECELL best practices.
The Clinical Education Specialist will also serve as a resource for the Commercial Team as it relates to device training, technical and clinical questions, and field coverage when required.
- Identify potential sites for clinical research studies
- Provide site qualification and initiation visits
- Provide on-site training and field support with minimal notice on an as needed basis for potential and ongoing programs
- Responsible for certification of healthcare professionals and clinical representatives
- Provide education and training on AVITA Medical products and study protocols to healthcare professionals, clinical representatives, and internal colleagues
- Serve as a clinical research, subject matter expert for internal and external customers
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of new research developments, clinical trial activities, and therapeutic approaches to healthcare professionals, including presentations at conferences and clinical sites as needed.
- Assist in the development of educational tools
- Responsible for proactive problem solving and timely follow-up of customer issues by identifying and utilizing available support resources
- Contribute to development of cases studies for abstract submission through communication with healthcare professionals, medical affairs, and/or the commercial team
- Encourage participation/data entry into the RECELL registry and provide site training
- Ability to integrate into burn teams through frequent communication and visibility
Stays abreast of RECELL use, clinical study activities and protocols, current scientific trends, opinions of company data and that of competitor products.
Special Knowledge Skills
- Basic understanding of clinical research
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, blood borne pathogens, and operating room etiquette
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Advanced knowledge of wound care management
- Comfortable providing clinical education in both hospital and clinic settings
- Ability and eagerness to learn treatment of various disease and wound etiologies
- Experience in dermatological diseases, burn, and or wound care
- Medical device industry experience preferred
- Advanced clinical degree preferred
- 50%-75% travel to provide study support, education, and drive subject enrollment at sites