Associate General CounselKinsey Spahr
This key legal role to support the Company, specifically the legal department and legal-related functions, such as Human Resources, in the preparation, review and negotiation of corporate contracts, creation of templates, review of documents with legal implications, corporate governance and board matters, and other legal matters.
- Key team member in the review and preparation of the Company’s public reports including the earnings press release, quarterly supplemental analyst package and SEC filings (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, 8-K, Form 4 etc.).
- Review and preparation of consolidated financial statements, footnotes and related supporting schedules in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Key team member in the implementation of SOX, ERM, ESG initiatives
- Provide ad hoc reporting to Executive Management team, as needed.
- Participate in the coordination of various department projects as applicable to continue to build efficiencies.
- Review analyses prepared by other team members.
- Must have solid experience negotiating complex agreements from the start to finish, e.g., license agreements, acquisition agreements, etc.
- Prepare, review and negotiate legal documents such as confidentiality agreements, clinical agreements, master services agreements, consulting agreements, and commercial agreements.
- Creation of template agreements.
- Assist other departments with legal related matters, such as Human Resources.
- Maintain and organize minute books.
- Assist with Board-related projects and activities.
- Monitor legal matters with outside counsel.
- Other corporate work as needed by General Counsel
- Attorney: JD degree, Bachelor’s degree. Recent law school graduate awaiting bar results, or recently licensed attorney with 5+ years of Legal experience.
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of legal principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of legal contracting principles.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations governing medical devices/pharmaceutical practices.
- Relevant computer software knowledge and experience.
- Qualifications/Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Negotiation skills
- Strong individual contributor
Organizational Relationship Authority: Report to General Counsel