BREATH-A-TECH Autoclave Procedures for Hospital Grade Spacers & Silicone Masks
- Breath-A-Tech HOSPITAL GRADE spacers and SILICONE masks are completely autoclavable – spacers are clearly identified with the words HOSPITAL GRADE stamped in blue along the side wall.
- The Breath-A-Tech spacer should be fully disassembled into four parts – chamber; mouthpiece; end cap and valve.
- If a prewash is used the Breath-A-Tech spacer and mask must be rinsed with clear water prior to autoclaving.
- Small components should be placed into autoclave bag with the spacer unit
- Top/middle shelf placement is recommended – DO NOT place anything on top of either the spacer or mask during autoclaving (spacers can be laid flat or stood up during autoclaving)
- Follow autoclave manufacturer’s instructions ensuring that temperature does not exceed 134 degrees Celsius.
- After autoclaving to reduce static build up the spacer should be washed in warm soapy water, do not rinse, allow to dry naturally.
- Any questions should be directed to Customer Service on 1800 649 651